Sunday 6 November 2011

How animation can inspire someone to take it an create it into something else - Harry Potter - The tale of the three brothers

- the original from the film

- a girl who took out the narration and wrote a song for the animation


I put these two animations up because it shows how people can change one thing to another through creativity. For example, a narration into a song.
I remember seeing this at the cinema and thinking fuck me this is the best bit in the film cause lets face it, it was a bit of a let down. But this short animation had a very tim burton feel to it, to be honest he probably did do it seen as his wife's in the film but i'm gonna research more into it and find out if my hunch is right.
I also think they relate well to some of the briefs i'm doing at the moment. Like editing she's had to probably storyboard the whole song, think where everything goes will it rhyme, does it fit well with the animation, is it following the story.
I think she did a pretty good and creative job, although in some parts it's cliche and cringe worthy, so parts i do enjoy and i think its a really nice idea.
It's also sounds like a poem to me, thoughtful and beautiful.
The animations awesome too, like i said before very Tim Burton feel, very dark and things twisting. Tim writes poems too.

It reminds me of a poem my dad used to tell me of when i was a kid.
I'm gonna get him to write it down and compare the two cause his whole poem told a large story like this one. Not like a regular poem where you think what you think about the poem. Instead your told the story how it is in a different way. I like them :) well, i like all poetry really

No comments:

Post a Comment