Thursday 3 May 2012

Modelling the flowers/ branches/ moss etc

From my research and concept art i knew what i wanted my flowers to look like and from this could get on with them quickly, i found it pretty easy to make a nice clean cubed petal and just used my favourite button duplicate all the way around. I created a few versions of flowers to dot around my environment. I recently found out though that i could get a picture of a flower or make one and then import it into unity and spread it around everything really fast which from what i've seen in dizzy work look great so it seems that i've done all the flowers for nothing but I'm going to test these and see how they look. My only doubt is that they will look too unreal and 3D sticky outty, doing it the other way make make the flowers blend into the environment more, I'll have to check and see, here's screens shots from all the flowers/moss/branches/blocks and rocks i made. 




 Here's all my flowers very elder scroll's inspired me thinks

 Here's my hanging moss i made, i'm going to texture these separately then duplicate them all over as i see fit so i don't have to texture every single one of them. I found the helix tool in maya very helpful for the moss it made it look very natural and gave me a lot of options to play around with

 Here's a close up of the helix's duplicated all together to make a swarm of moss - this could be hard to texture!

 Here's just a few slabs for the floor, big rocks to go against the ship wall and rocks to spread around the place. I'm gonna test them first to see if they fit in well, if not i'll just scratch them

 I was trying to make like a half tree branch thing and found it really more difficult than i thought it would be - still working on this

No comments:

Post a Comment