Thursday 3 May 2012

Modelling the B-Crab (my ship)

I very much like what i've come out with for my ship from my research i collected and concept art i drew i was hoping to come up with something that resembled like tree branches but at the same time you could tell it was a ship. I definitely got the idea of having big engine parts attached to the branch like exterior from ships such as the banshee in halo and the reapers in mass effect 3. Most ships have kind of an oval shape to them, i wanted to achieve this oval shape for the engines so that you could see it was a ship and not some weird crab thing. I lifted up the sort of eye bit's of the ship to create a sort of pod for where the crew would navigate the ship from, the've gotta have somewhere to sit right? So i thought it doesn't make sense if i don't make room for a crew so i also make the back end a little bigger in height, originally it was completely flat. One last thing i did was pull out and down on the front just to make the ship a little better looking.
I achieved the whole image of the ship all around from created one side and the mirroring it which created a quickly little hole between the two which i liked the touch of it so i kept it. Maybe it's to realise air to cool down the ship? :)
I like what i've come out with at the moment but obviously this ship is going to be covered in moss and nature so where the branch like parts are I'm going to turn them into tree's with leaves on them. I hope this turn's out as good as i see it in me head, here's a few photos so far of it. I'll post up another blog for when it's done and dusted with texture's and such

BIRDS-EYE VIEW

 FRONT SIDE

 BACK

 FRONT

No comments:

Post a Comment