Sunday 22 April 2012

Looking at pretty scenery -

After i've made my virtual college i want to have the ship crashed in the side of the wall. The ship lives itself and from this crash it's spread its life and nature all around the college. Like the college has adapted to the ship. So from my previous blog post from brid about avatar and such i've been looking around for films/ games and animation with great scenery/ plants/ flowers etc
I may have as well one of the pipes has burst and flowing from it is a particle waterfall created in unity. Hmmmmm yes they may have to happen.
Anywayyyyy - LARA CROFT here - 
From Games - 

I like this one below see how the petals of the plants on the wall have been built up layering over each other,  i like this idea, makes it look more realistic, the rocks look pretty good too

 I found this one with hanging vines - i think i'd like some hanging moss and vines in mine would look good.

 I like the floor in this one although i think its a tad too covered in my piece i think i'd like to keep some of the floor visible so you can see the texture of the floor still underneath it. 

From films - 
All these ones below are from the sets of Lara Croft films, it's set in Thailand and the pictures and scenery are really beautiful. Makes me wanna go to Thailand. 

I'm gonna have fun making the moss from the pictures i collected, notice how it never fully covers the buildings or floor. It grows then spreads. 

I really like these trees above of they've wrapped themselves around the building, some very interesting and funky shapes, i may do something like this in my piece i think it would be interesting rather than just having a tree smack bang in the corner, maybe if i wrapped the tree around the ship then it spread across covering the walls :)

UNCHARTED 3
I've played uncharted on the PS Vita and the scenery and graphics were unbelievable, they were visually beautiful and the creators payed very close attention to detail and realism. 
So i thought Uncharted would be a good example to look at for ideas how to make my wild life look more real. Here's a few images i like that i found from the net. 

 Notice things hanging again - definitely gonna do this


 Layered leaves again make it look more real and pretty. Maybe if i take the time to make one perfectly then duplicate it several times rotating and moving like with our trees that were creating.


 The picture below shows the floor covered in moss but not fully covered i like this style i don't think i want the floor to look like a mossy carpet which it might if i cover the whole thing, i'm gonna try both to see what it comes out like. 

I took this image I found on the internet and edited in photoshop showing points that i liked form it which i want to include in my scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment