Thursday 10 November 2011

Moving image analysis


As soon as she started talking i liked it already, it gives me the feel of a futuristic weird video game. Like an aliens in her body controlling her or something, like she's come to you in a dream or a nightmare. For some reason it also makes me think of Spawn. 

The camera angles are good, when it zooms in an focuses on the lips so your drawn in, you feel like she's talking to you personally and not a camera. 
It also reminds me of the robots from I, Robot - they really freaked me out in that film cause the have faces but there not real faces, an thats what she's aimed to create distorted visions and faces/body parts.

From this it makes me think of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind where the faces freaked me out in that too, i think i'm just scared of weird faces. 

I noticed that people were comparing her to Lady GaGa a lot which should obviously be the other way round i notice she's grinds her teeth in the video and makes the distorted to make like a kind of raw movement like Lady GaGa does in her video telephone. I remember liking that in her video and i think they both did it very well. It's very strange and intriguing. 


It also makes me think of Salvador Dali who paints in a distorted way with eyes and Grace puts this in her video. I really like the style that she uses it's very out there and weird but you just can't turn away.


Overall I loved watching this video and found it very interesting and I'm sure everyone will interpret it in different ways which i think is what she wanted to video to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment